Friday, December 28, 2012

Twenty Eight Weeks


Well it is hard to believe I am 28 weeks pregnant! The past two weeks have gone by super fast...probably because it's close to Christmas and I had a ton to do to get ready! I had my glucose tolerance test on Friday the 21st...for those who don't know, it is one of the most miserable things to do. Basically, they give you a small waterbottle full of sugar (50 grams total) that you drink over 5 minutes and then wait an hour to have your blood drawn to make sure your body is able to tolerate breaking down the glucose. If you fail, you do a longer one that last 3 hours and if you fail that one, then you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes! Luckily, I passed the first one. However, drinking that much sugar at once without eating a) made me extremely nauseated, b) made me vomit twice later that day after attempting to eat something and c) made me feel extremely hyper and then crash later that afternoon...not something I would want to repeat!

Had Christmas with my family on my dad's side in Asheboro, NC and had a great day on Sunday the 23rd. Started the day off by going to the Christmas Eve Eve service at St. Marks that morning then spent the remainder of the day with family. It is fun to think of how things are going to be different next year with Jaxson here!

Here is the updated pic for week 28! Baby Bump is steadily growing!!!

How Far Along? 28 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss? Have gained 22lbs!
Maternity Clothes? Yes and they are so comfortable!
Stretch Marks? Nope, thanks to Mama Bee Belly Butter!
Sleep? Still stacking pillows! Starting to wake up more in the middle of the night!
Best Moment This Week? Spending time with family and passing my glucose test!
Have You Told Family and Friends? YES!
Miss Anything? Bending over to pick things up off the floor comfortably!!! Sleeping on my stomach and laying on my back! Also putting on shoes and socks on is getting more difficult.
Movement? Yep!
Food Cravings? Anything...I feel like I stay hungry!
Anything Make You Queasy or Sick? Nope! Well...the sugar from the glucose test!
Have You Started to Show Yet? Yes
Gender Prediction? It's a BOY!
Labor Signs? Nope
Belly Button In or Out? In! Let's hope it stays that way!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On!
Looking Forward To? Seeing more friends and family for Christmas and New Years!

No comments:

Post a Comment