Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Two Lines...

In July I had a WONDERFUL vacation at Ocean Isle Beach with the family. Enjoyed being off work for a week and getting to see everyone who I love dearly. Dreaded coming back home to the reality of working full time and seeing the hubby in passing. BUT, I had one more relaxing day before going back to work on that Sunday night. 

On Sunday, July 15th I decided to continue to theme of the beach by laying out on the deck and taking a dip in the 10ft pool that I set up on the patio. Michael was going to the YMCA to play basketball as he did most Sundays at 1 when he could and had planned on bringing lunch home. I got up, messed around the house for a while, looked at my calendar...and realized...hmmm am I late? It had been a good 4 weeks and several days since I had experienced the "curse of being a female." So I decided to check. I mean what could it hurt...Michael and I had talked about it, but that sort of thing takes several months after coming off birth control...right, I mean 2 months, no way...must just be a little irregular since I had been on BC for the past 4 years. UMMM WRONG!!!

There were TWO lines...

My thoughts were as follows;

1) Maybe I'm reading it wrong, besides I had only taken the test ONE other time. So I grabbed the box and looked again...sure enough two lines meant PREGNANT...

2) You can have false positives right? Maybe I should just wait a few days and take another one. But then I got to thinking...off BC, late period, very unlikely that this was a false positive...

3) What will Michael think...this one was the one that made me the happiest...why was I freaking out??? We had talked about this, that was the whole point of me NOT using the BC. He didn't have a choice but to be excited because he agreed! 

How to tell him though...

I decided to get a necklace box that I had saved from some occasion and put the pregnancy test with two lines inside...on a piece of paper inside I wrote Will you be my daddy???...wrapped the box up with tissue paper and wrote "To Michael...come and get me before opening. Love, Mel."




Michael got home with lunch and came to get me from outside...as he opened the box, I was excited, nervous, scared but mostly just eager for him to open it so I wouldn't be the only person that knew! He did a double take and looked at me stating "really?" (No Michael, I used someone else's pregnancy test...lol). Then I got a huge hug and a huge smile that let me know he was really, really excited. 

He looked at me and asked, "What do we do now?" I thought, hmmm that is a good question...what do you do after a positive pregnancy test??? I sure didn't know, we weren't telling anyone else so I couldn't ask anyone else...so I went to my only other option....GOOGLE.

WHAT TO DO AFTER POSITIVE PREGNANCY TEST???

Eventually after looking for a few minutes, we had a game plan...confirm another positive pregnancy test in approx 24-48 hours, call and get an OB appt...wait to tell family until after OB appt...and although Google doesn't  tell you this, I tacked on the phrase START PRAYING...

No comments:

Post a Comment