Tuesday, September 18, 2012

You're Going To Be GRANDPARENTS...

After my OB appt on July 27th Michael and I were headed to Banner Elk for the week. We knew this week/weekend was going to be very special. We were lucky enough to have my parents, my sister, Michael's parents, Michael's brother and my Aunt and Uncle along with their two kids there for the weekend. We arrived Friday night and were there with just my parent's, my sister and my aunt, uncle and cousins. I knew we were not going to be able to tell anyone that night because I wanted everyone to be there. Waiting was KILLING me. Michael kept telling me to relax but I was dying to tell my parents...

Saturday was a LONG day and I was incredibly tired. I think I slept most of the afternoon. My sister came to my room around 4PM to tell me that I had slept all afternoon and that I should get up and interact with the family...little did she know!!!

FINALLY the Mitchell's arrived to the condo because we had scheduled to go to Michael's favorite Mexican restaurant that night with the family. Our parent's were sitting out on the deck and I came downstairs and announce I had something for them...(I tried to play if off like it was no big deal by telling them I had had it for a couple of weeks but wanted to give it to them at the same time.) I brought two frames wrapped for them to open that looked like this...


I glued the phrase "Grandparents To Be" on a plain frame and put a picture of the positive pregnancy test...they LOVED it!!!

As soon as we got in the car for dinner, my sister had a mini breakdown about what the baby would call her...she said we were not allowed to talk about anything else until we came up with a good name for her. She finally decided that since my grandfather always referred to her as "Mere-Edith" that she would go by "Aunt Edie." This is ironic since my mother had an aunt named the same! After that was decided, we were allowed to talk about our excitement of having a baby and dinner was wonderful!

My Aunt Angela, Uncle Tim and my cousins Blake and Nathan left on Monday but stayed to have dinner Monday night. My other cousins had just arrived to spend a few days. I was very excited about this because I wanted to tell them when they got there. Addie and Brett and their kids Cade and Brecken arrived Monday evening. We had decided to try to surprise them during dinner so my dad said the blessing and then told Addie we had a picture from the beach she hadn't seen. He handed her the frame I had made them turned upside down and when she turned it over, she was SHOCKED!!! She jumped up and down for several minutes while her kids looked at her like she had four heads. She told them that I was going to have a baby and they were going to have another baby cousin! Needless to say they were very excited as well.

After dinner, we decided it was time to share the news with some of my other family members. Thank goodness for technology because we were able to Face Time my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Rick and also my cousins Morgan and Krista! It was fun to see everyone's reactions when I showed them the picture I had made for mom and dad! We also called my grandparents and lots of Michael's family. Michael's little cousin Avery was spending the night with his Aunt and called her mother while we were talking to Aunt Michelle. She told her mom that I was going to be a Mommy and that Michael was going to be the Daddy! Everyone was super excited for us and was instructed to not say anything until further notice!

The rest of the week was so much fun, although I was tired, it was nice to be around everyone and hear predictions of boy vs girl and hear lots of pregnancy stories from the women! I feel super blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive family because I know I am going to need a lot of help through this pregnancy and when Baby Mitchell comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment