Tuesday, September 18, 2012

What To Expect...Over The Next Few Weeks

So my timeline so far was...

May 15th- off BC

July 15th- Pregnant

July 19th- Confirmation Appt...So I called Westside OBGYN since that is where I had been getting my yearly physicals done...they said before you could schedule your full OB appt, you had to schedule a time where you could come to the office with a urine sample and they could test your urine to make sure you were pregnant (so basically I paid $25 to let them run a third pregnancy test that was still positive). 

July 25th- Had a "finacial" appt at Westside...this is where you meet with a person about what your insurance will cover throughout your pregnancy and come up with a payment plan to pay off what insurance won't cover in the next 6 months. Was pleased to see the result of what insurance would cover for Westside's Services vs. what I owed because Michael and I figured we would be taking out loans for the medical bills...haha

July 27th- 1st OB Appt...This appt was interesting...Michael didn't really know what to expect and neither did I. We met with a midwife named Darcy who was very kind and was able to put our minds at ease a little. She started by asking us what questions we had for her. I was thinking "umm what question do I not have for you." We determined that I was approx 5 weeks pregnant but Darcy wanted to do what they call a "dating ultrasound" just to make sure. I told her that I was nauseated most days as soon as I woke up and HAD to eat something before putting my feet on the ground. She assured me this was normal and keeping something beside the bed would help. I also told her how tired I had been feeling and she assured me that this would only get worse over the next few weeks...but then may get better once I reached my 2nd trimester. We talked about family support and many other things during that appt. Everything seemed to be going well. At the end of this appt, I scheduled my dating ultrasound and was informed this was going to be a "pelvic ultrasound." I knew what this meant because we order them all the time in the ER...however, I had never had one myself...If I had only knew what I was getting myself into!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment