Thursday, November 29, 2012

Twenty Four Weeks

Wow...twenty four weeks! Where has the time gone! I was looking at a little app I have on my phone (yes I'm a dork and have a pregnancy app on my phone) and it says I have been pregnant for 166 days and have 112 days do go...crazy to think about! Anyway over the past two weeks, several things have happened. We did end up going to a couple places to register and I will share my experience with that! Michael and I went to Babies R Us not really knowing what to expect! That place is HUGE and it has SO MANY different choices of everything. Michael couldn't wait to get his hands on the scanner they give you but I was actually trying to pay attention to the lady that was helping us out when we first got there. She was telling us what all was in our registry bag and gave us a checklist of suggestions of things we should register for. Michael enjoyed his time with the scanner and actually gave his opinion on a few things! Next we went to Target. We figured since we had a Target in Burlington that we would register at both places! Michael was in charge of the scanner there too which he had fun trying to see how far away he could stand and still scan the items. We registered for what felt like hours but really only took about 3 hours total at both stores. Most of that time was spent staring at the 5,000 choices that Babies R Us had to offer! If anyone would like to take a look at my registries I would love to have any input/suggestions on things I have missed or things that people may recommend!

After registering, we went to have dinner with a trooper that Michael works with and his wife. I always love eating with Justin and Katie because even though we don't all get together frequently, it's like we pick right up where we left off. They are awesome people and fun to be around!

Michael and I both worked nights up until Thanksgiving which was nice because we were actually on the same sleep schedule...the only bad thing was that I couldn't steal his pillow. I worked the night before Thanksgiving this year so I missed Thanksgiving lunch with Michael's family. I was pretty bummed about this but figured I would get a little more sleep since I really need to stay healthy! We had dinner at my grandparent's house in Randolph County. Here are a few pics...





How Far Along? 24 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss? Have gained 16lbs!
Maternity Clothes? Yes, maternity jeans...and several maternity long sleeve tops.
Stretch Marks? Nope, thanks to Mama Bee Belly Butter!
Sleep? Sleeping ok! Still stacking pillows! Not really well rested in this pic!
Best Moment This Week? Spending time with family and friends!
Have You Told Family and Friends? YES!
Miss Anything? Bending over to pick things up off the floor comfortably!!! Sleeping on my stomach and laying on my back! Also putting on shoes is getting a little more challenging!
Movement? Yep!
Food Cravings? None really...just spur of the moment "wants."
Anything Make You Queasy or Sick? Nope!
Have You Started to Show Yet? Yes
Gender Prediction? It's a BOY!
Labor Signs? Nope
Belly Button In or Out? In! Let's hope it stays that way!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On!
Looking Forward To? Working on the nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment