Sunday, November 11, 2012

Twenty-Two Weeks

At the beginning of my pregnancy, I felt like the weeks were dragging...probably because all of the excitement built up around ultrasounds and telling people that we were gonna have a little blessing arriving in March. Now I feel like the past 2 weeks have gone by incredibly fast. I have been trying to get a few things done each week, especially when I am blessed enough to have an increment of time off with Michael. We are both off for a 5 day period(this is the way his schedule works out about every 3 weeks and I try to schedule my working nights so I can be off with him). This period he has off has been a very relaxing and restful one but we have decided to start thinking about our registries...one problem...WE ARE CLUELESS. I have looked at all the recommended baby registry items, places to register, brands, ect...but still I feel like it is overwhelming and I find myself feeling like I am in a never ending tunnel of baby stuff. So to all my friends out there who are mothers or who know new mothers please please please offer up some advice about items that you couldn't have lived without, brands of different items you prefer...really anything that I can use to help this process. I thank you in advance for preventing my trip to the psych ward due to being overwhelmed and anxious!

On a brighter note, I have been getting a few gifts here and there from some friends and family! I get so excited when Baby Jaxson gets something...decided I would start sharing some of his gifts on this blog!

My sister(Jaxson's Aunt Edie) has been spoiling him since we found out he would be arriving! I have received numerous cards and items every few weeks from her! He is going to be one spoiled little boy if she has anything to do with it!

We have also received several Carolina Tar Heel items...my best friends Brooke and Brittany gave him a little UNC cap that we loved. Also got a Tarheel pillow pet from Michael's parents and a complete Tarheel outfit from my aunt Angela!!!

My mom and sister have been bargain shopping for Baby Jaxson as well...here are some of their clearance finds that they gave me tonight!


I have been really good and tried not to buy anything until seeing what we really need! I did however by one outfit to share the news with Meredith that she was going to be having a little nephew!!!


Ok here are the questions I have been answering every two weeks...I think for the most part they are the same as 20 weeks but I keep doing them to see when/how they actually do change...although there are some that I would like to remain the same like the belly button question!

How Far Along? 22 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss? Have gained 15lbs!
Maternity Clothes? Yes, maternity jeans...and several maternity long sleeve tops.
Stretch Marks? Nope but my abdomen really itches most of the time!
Sleep? Sleeping is a little difficult this week due to a never ending cold that I have had since I became pregnant...seems to be a little worse this week and is making it difficult to sleep.
Best Moment This Week? Michael feeling the baby kick...once! I was laying in bed watching TV after eating on Saturday and Michael was laying beside me...I kept feeling the baby move and then felt several stronger movements...one felt like it kicked be right in the belly button. I placed Michael's hand over my abd and told him to wait a minute. Sure enough after a few minutes I felt the baby kick hard again and he said "was that it." I knew he had felt it to! Very special moment!
Have You Told Family and Friends? YES!
Miss Anything? Bending over to pick things up off the floor comfortably!!! Sleeping on my stomach and laying on my back!
Movement? Yep or as they call it "quickening!"
Food Cravings? None really...just spur of the moment "wants."
Anything Make You Queasy or Sick? Nope!
Have You Started to Show Yet? Yes
Gender Prediction? It's a BOY!
Labor Signs? Nope
Belly Button In or Out? In! Let's hope it stays that way!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On!
Looking Forward To? Starting the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment