Sunday, November 4, 2012

Twenty Weeks

I did not realize how exciting 20 weeks would be during a pregnancy! First and foremost, I am officially halfway done with my 40 weeks(I am actually 21 weeks as I am writing this but for this blog, I am reflecting back on my 20th week!!!)

My 20th week happened to be the week of Halloween! Michael and I had our 20 week appt and anatomy ultrasound on Halloween Day! We were both super excited and a little nervous to see every little detail about our baby so far. Michael took me to eat at Cracker Barrel before the appt (I love their chicken and dumplings but haven't had them in forever!) We arrived at the appt and our ultrasound was first. The lady doing our ultrasound was the "head sonographer" from the first ultrasound we had when we found out their were 3 sacs and potentially triplets. She remembered us as soon as I mentioned the fear I had felt in the room when meeting her the last time. This time was a totally different experience. She informed us up front that she would let us know what she was looking at but was not going to discuss if anything was normal vs abnormal during the ultrasound. She looked at everything from the ventricles in the brain, to the kidneys, stomach, heart chambers, placenta, umbilical cord and yes, we were able to FULLY confirm the sex of the baby!




Michael was so proud and excited to be having a son! He will be an awesome father and have so many amazing things to teach this little boy! Of course I didn't care either way(neither did he) we both were hoping for a healthy baby! After the ultrasound, we were sent back into the lobby to wait for my actual appt. I saw Dr. Klett this time around and she was very nice and personable. She came into the room and told us that everything looked wonderful with the ultrasound. She also explained that I had 2 more 4 week appts, then I would be checked every 2 weeks up until 36 weeks and then I would be checked every week! It's crazy to think that I am that close. I also get to look forward to a glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks.

Here is the most recent pic that I have taken. Michael says my abdomen is definitely getting larger!



How Far Along? 20 weeks
Total Weight Gain/Loss? Have gained 14lbs!
Maternity Clothes? Yes, maternity jeans...and several maternity long sleeve tops.
Stretch Marks? No, thank goodness. Michael reminds me daily to apply my mama bee balm to my abdomen haha.
Sleep? I continue to steal Michael's pillow when he isn't there to prop myself up a little bit more! I say a boppy maternity pillow the other day that I'm thinking about. It looked super comfortable.
Best Moment This Week? 20 week anatomy scan!!! AND finding out the gender!
Have You Told Family and Friends? YES!
Miss Anything? Bending over to pick things up off the floor comfortably!!!
Movement? Yep or as they call it "quickening!"
Food Cravings? Can't think of a particular food I am craving, I will say I can see a huge spike in my appetite though!
Anything Make You Queasy or Sick? Nope!
Have You Started to Show Yet? Yes
Gender Prediction? It's a BOY!
Labor Signs? Nope
Belly Button In or Out? In!
Wedding Rings On or Off? On!
Looking Forward To? Michael being able to feel Baby Mitchell move!

Overall it has been an incredible week. I find myself in disbelief that I am really going to have a child! Michael and I are both so excited and sometimes we sit and talk for several minutes about how amazing it will be to hold him and see what God has created inside of us! Michael is predicting that the baby gets his nose and mouth from him based on the ultrasound pictures but we will have to see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment